1. Job Analysis: The first step is to conduct a job analysis, where the hiring manager or HR department defines the responsibilities, qualifications, and skills required for the position.
2. Job Posting: The job vacancy is advertised through various channels, such as online job boards, bank`s website, social media platforms, or newspapers. The posting should include essential details about the job, including the job title, duties, requirements, and application deadline.
3. Application Screening: After the application deadline, the hiring team reviews the submitted applications/CVs to shortlist candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and requirements. This step involves evaluating education, work experience, skills, and other relevant factors.
4. Interviews: Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview, which can be conducted through various formats such as in-person, phone, or video interviews. The interview allows the hiring team to assess the candidate's qualifications, skills, and cultural fit.
5. Assessments and Tests: Depending on the position and the bank preference, additional assessments, tests, or tasks may be conducted to evaluate specific abilities or competencies required for the role.
6. Reference Checks: Before making a final decision, the hiring team may contact the candidate's provided references to verify their background, work ethics, and performance in previous roles. This step helps in getting additional insights about the candidate's suitability for the position.
7. Decision and Job Offer: Based on the interviews, assessments, and reference checks, the hiring team decides on the best candidate for the job. If selected, a job offer is extended, including details about compensation, benefits, start date, and any other relevant information.
8. Onboarding: Once the candidate accepts the job offer, the onboarding process begins, which involves providing the necessary paperwork, introducing them to the workplace, and facilitating the smooth transition into the new role.
It's important to note that the recruitment process may vary from one organization to another, and certain steps might be added or modified based on the bank's specific needs and industry practices.