We at KFH ensure the safety of customers data and specifically address data privacy in a highly professional manner. Our customers’ data confidentiality is considered as a top priority. Customers Information / Personal Identifiable Information (PII) are labeled as ‘Confidential’ or Private Information, so as to be treated with extreme care to avoid any data leakages. Which means any database extract, mail, document, folder, system, media, print material; which contains PII data are truly secured.
A right mix of well trained staff, latest technology and effective processes are in placed to carefully ensure ‘Confidentiality’, ‘Integrity’ and ‘Availability’ of our Customers’ data. A good information security management framework is governed by Board of Directors approved Information Security policies.
KFH Management makes sure that KFH policies and procedures are fully aligned with Central Bank of Kuwait and CMA guidelines.
Point of Sale (POS) fraud happens when fraudsters swipe your debit or credit card on a counterfeit card reader to capture the card information.
These counterfeit card readers may look identical to legitimate card reader and usually kept around the original POS machine or as different as a small match-box being carried in the pocket of POS attendant. Once the legitimate transaction is completed with the original card reader, POS staff may swipe the card on the counterfeit card reader device to later create a duplicate card with the help of stolen information, and make fraudulent transaction.
To prevent this type of fraud:
- Always make sure that your card is swiped on the POS machine in your presence.
- Never share your Card and PIN code with anyone since it is the key to your bank account.
- After you make a purchase, confirm you have your card back in your possession before you leave the store or restaurant.
If you suspect that you have been subjected to such fraud, please ensure to get your card blocked immediately and contact us through "Allo Baitak" service on 1803333 or visit your branch to report the case without hesitation.
ATM Skimming is the act of obtaining information from a debit or credit card. The stolen Information is used to produce a counterfeit payment card that acts as the original one.
Card details are obtained with a fake card reader fitted over or around the actual card reader and; when the card is inserted for transactions card details are captured by fake card reader.
The PIN is often obtained separately, usually by someone who is watching or by hidden cameras or sophisticated devices overlaid on PIN Pad. Once the magnetic strip data of the card and PIN are obtained, a counterfeit card is produced and then used for payment transactions.
To prevent such type of frauds, please follow the security tips during ATM transactions:
- Always pay attention to the card reader slot and watch out for any kind of tampering.
- Do not use an ATM that you suspect may have been tampered with and immediately inform us.
- Always shield the keypad when you enter your PIN at an ATM or point-of-sale terminal.
- Keep track of your account balance and debits. If you suspect tampering with any KFH ATM or subjected to such kind of frauds then please immediately contact us through "Allo Baitak" service on 1803333 or visit your branch to report the case without hesitation.
KFH aims to provide a secure banking experience for its customers, and ensures that all KFH ATM booths are compliant with international security best practices.
We suggest following the below security tips in order to reduce possible risks while using ATMs.
- Use secure ATM booths that are under video surveillance or inside the bank lobby as they are less likely to be tampered with.
- Use an ATM located near the center of a building. Please ensure the area is well lit and in a public place.
- Inspect the ATM and all areas of its facade for any irregularities. Do not use an ATM if the card reader or keypad appears to have been tempered with.
If you suspect tampering with any KFH ATMs, kindly report it immediately through "Allo Baitak" service on 1803333.
Online Banking is an extension of KFH banking services and is offered as a convenience for our customers. In today’s computing environment, hackers and scammers are targeting online banking to steal money and/or your identity.
KFH maintains a secure and quality banking service experience for it’s customers, and suggests the following tips when using KFH online banking services:
- Manage your online banking profile and credentials adequately, and do not use the same user ID and password for your financial accounts as you do for other sites.
- It is recommended that you change your online banking password every 60 days.
- Limit the amount of "Personally identifiable information“ (PII) you share on social networking sites. The more details you post, the easier it may get for a criminal to use that information to access your data and steal your identity.
- Keep your computer/device operating system and browser up-to-date with the latest software and security downloads; usually known as “security patches" or "service packs" .
- Monitor your online banking activity on a daily basis or as frequently as possible. If you find any transactional discrepancies, please contact us immediately through “Allo Baitak” service on 1803333 or visit your branch to report the case without hesitation.
As part of KFH continuous commitment to safeguard customer online transactions, 3D Secure technology (Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode) has been introduced as an extra layer of security for Visa and MasterCard. 3D Secure tightens the security of online transactions to help protect against the unauthorized use of Credit Cards on the Internet.
To activate 3D Secure, log in to KFH online, and register for "Verified by Visa" or "MasterCard SecureCode“. Your personal security code will be created for you and you will then be able to use it for your credit card online transaction.
For your protection, you should never share your security code and shall be treated as your ATM PIN. In case you have any queries or need more details about 3D Secure, please contact us through "Allo Baitak" service on 1803333 or visit your nearest branch.
Smartphones have become extremely popular nowadays, many people use smartphone’s apps or web browser to handle their banking transactions. These web browsers or mobile banking applications do have few built-in security features like standard site encryption; that provides you a secure mobile banking experience.
For added mobile banking security, we recommend our valued customers the following tips:
- Always use “KFHOnline” Mobile App for conducting your financial transactions securely.
- Never give your password or account number on a site you are unsure about.
- After the usage, always ‘Log out’ from the Online banking session, and close your browser / mobile banking app.
- Set up daily alerts to track your account activities. This is a great way to detect any fraudulent activity on your account.
- Don’t click through to websites from emails, even if they look like they are from KFH. Always visit KFH’s website by typing in the domain, or bookmark it.
- Last but not least, avoid public Wi-Fi, when using online banking
For reporting any fraudulent activities pertaining to your bank account, please contact us through "Allo Baitak" service on 1803333 or visit KFH branch to report the case without hesitation.
Your personal information needs to be protected at all times. KFH is highly committed to providing comprehensive safeguards to protect your information. It is important that we have your most accurate and up-to-date information available with us.
KFH suggests customers consider doing the following:
- Verify that your email address, phone numbers and street address are correct.
- In case of any changes in your personal information, please ensure to update your KFH customer record immediately.
- “Personally Identifiable Information” (PII) or private information you share on social networking sites must be limited. With your “Confidential" personal information, thieves can potentially gain access to online financial accounts through identity theft.
- Make sure that your bank account details, credit card and related credentials (CVV) do not go to wrong hands.
If you have encountered any of related incidents or frauds, please contact us immediately through “Allo Baitak” service on 1803333 or visit your branch to report the case without hesitation.
"Phishing" is an attempt by fraudsters to steal banking account owner’s related information such as User ID, Password, ATM PIN, Date of Birth etc. through a fake e-mail which appears to originate from a well-known financial organization.
Fraudsters’ phishing attempts are orchestrated to steal your information that might be sourced by a phone call, or a text message. In case they succeeded steeling your related information, it will facilitate conducting fraudulent transactions on the internet, thus creating financial loss and making you easy victim.
"Phishing" e-mails and websites have a familiar appearance to deceive consumers into thinking that the sender or website owner is an authorized person from the bank. The message in the e-mails carries an urgency to act or respond so that the customers do not pause to think.
We highly recommend that you carefully read the messages delivered to you and never respond to these kind of emails or phone calls. If you have received such an email or phone call or if you have accidentally responded to such emails/calls report it immediately through "Allo Baitak" service on 1803333 or visit your branch to report the case without hesitation so that KFH Service team can abort any probable breaches against your banking account and to protect your banking data.
Dear Valued Castomer,
As part of our continuing efforts towards providing a secure environment when using "KFH ONLINE" Service, we aim to remind you in adopting the following guidelines:
1- Never reveal your personal confidential information such as your account number, card number or PIN code to anyone posing as a KFH member of staff either by telephone, email or SMS.
2- Report any unusual transactions in your bank statement immediately.
3- Never respond to any suspicious or fraudulent emails that may appear to come from KFH.
4- Suspicious emails must be notified immediately to the KFH Contact Center at the telephone number 1803333.
5- Never open any attachment received from an unknown source or click on any link directing you to another unknown or unfamiliar site.
6- Avoid accessing your bank account from public computers.
7- If you lose your mobile device, we recommend that you change your Internet Banking password immediately.
8- Always update your PC, Laptop, Notebook or Tablet device with the latest Antivirus and Operating System updates.
9- Always use the latest Internet Browser version when accessing your Bank Accounts online.
Taking these measures will enable us to serve you better and provide a safer e-banking experience.
Enhanced online payment security
To further enhance the security of your online payments, One Time Password (OTP) has been incorporated as a new feature within the existing process of Knet Payment Gateway. This applies only to transactions when you are paying online using your debit/ATM/Knet card, it does not affect your KFH-issued prepaid cards (Al-Khair, Al-Osra, Al-Waha, Nojoom) as well as credit cards (Charge Cards, Tayseer Cards).
Please confirm or update your personal information (Mobile Number) to avoid any inconveniences while shopping online at KFH online service or at the nearest branch or call “ALLO BAITAK” 1803333 for assistance.
1- What is 2 Factor Authentication (2FA)?
- Two Factor Authentication, also known as 2FA is an extra layer of security by having the card owner receive a dynamic One Time Password (OTP) on their registered mobile number as an additional check when processing an online payment transaction through the payment gateway Kpay.
2- What is One Time Password (OTP)?
- A One Time Password (OTP) is a dynamically generated 6 digit password sent to your registered mobile to complete a payment transaction online through the payment gateway Kpay.
3- How do I use 2FA?
By follow these steps:
When finalizing your payment online via the payment gateway "Kpay", you should receive an SMS with a 6 digit OTP code; Simply input the 6 digit cade into the OTP field within the payment gateway.
4- Should my number be registered with my bank?
- Yes, It’s essential to confirm or update your personal details, specifically your mobile number, for authentication purposes and avoid any inconveniences when processing an online payment through the KNET payment gateway.
5- I have more than one mobile number, do I need to verify or register all of them?
- You only need to register one primary number that you wish to receive the OTP on.
6- How to verify or register my contacts info / mobile number?
- There are 3 options to check:
- Visit the nearest branch.
- Call "Allo Baitak" 1803333.
7- Do I have to use 2FA on all my online transactions?
- You are required in most cases to use 2FA for transactions equal to or above 25KD. However, some merchants do require you to authenticate on transactions lower than the 25kd limit. This process applies only on debit / ATM / KNET cards. Not on prepaid, charge, credit.
8- I received my OTP Verification, & i didn't use it within 4 minutes, What will happen ?
- You will be notified that the countdown time is over, and you need to request another OTP Verification number (New Payment).
9- I entered my OTP verification and it failed?
- You have up to 3 tries to enter your OTP, whereby each try is 4 minutes long. Should all 3 tries fails, you would need to initiate a new payment transaction again.
10- The payment gateway prompted me to “register your mobile Number with your issuer bank”?
- That means that your mobile number is not registered with your bank. You will need to verify it using the above (step 4). In order to register your mobile, etc…..
11- How long does it take to update my mobile number & be able to receive (OTP)?
- Within 24 hour.
"Social Engineering" is an activity where fraudsters pose as the representatives of large companies, banks or public authorities and trick the banking account holder into providing his/her personal and financial details over the phone.
If the fraudsters successfully collect these details, it may help them in conduct fraudulent transactions on the internet, thus, creating financial losses to account holder.
To avoid such fraudulent transactions, we strongly advise you; not to respond to such calls and do not reveal your confidential banking details such as; account or card number, validity date of your debit/credit card over such phone calls. KFH staff shall never ask your PIN or CVV or password.
In case, you receive such phone calls claiming to be from KFH, or accidently have responded and shared your details, please report it immediately through KFH "Allo Baitak" service on 1803333 or visit your KFH branch without any hesitation.
Your timely reporting will help KFH Service team to abort any probable breaches against your banking account and facilitate you a secure banking experience.