- Clients can restructure the debt whether by reducing or increasing the value of monthly instalments, to best suit their needs and requirements. To reduce the value of monthly installments, the client is requested to pay a payment other than the monthly payment in order not to extend the financing period.
- On the other hand, increasing the value of the monthly instalment will reduce the payment period and there will be for any payment. In cases, reducing or increasing the value of the instalment, the monthly installments shall by no means exceed 40% of the salary for employees and 30% of the retirement salary for retired clients. Debt restructuring is applicable if there is no due payment. It is also subject to the regulations of Central Bank of Kuwait and KFH credit policy as well.
- In some cases, client's indemnity is blocked as a guarantee for financing transaction. Indemnity can be unblocked if the following terms and conditions are met.
In case of client retirement, Indemnity can be unblocked in one of the following scenarios:
- Personal guarantor whose salary is transferred to KFH account.
- Blocking the financing value from the indemnity.
- Paying fully the financing amount.
- Providing KFH with a "Salary Certificate" from The Public Institution For Social Security "PIFSS".
In case of changing the employer, the client is requested to provide KFH with an official letter proving that the client is still receiving the salary from the new employer. This letter shall also state clearly the net salary amount and client's account number at KFH.
KFH credit policy applies for non-Kuwaiti clients and they can choose to:
- Block the full financing value from indemnity,
- Deduct the full financing amount from the guarantor account, or
- Pay the full financing amount.
- In order to change the type of guarantee, the client is requested to specify type of the new guarantee (deposit, saving, or bank guarantee), in addition to personal guarantor providing "Salary Certificate" and copy of his civil ID. To change the guarantee, there should be not any late or due payments, and the client is requested to provide original civil ID.
- To cancel the guarantee, there should be no due or late payments, and the client must provide a recent "Salary Certificate".
- The credit policy of KFH applies.
- The client can change the payment method, if there is no late or due payment. In such case, the client is required to provide a temporarily guarantee until the changing transaction is complete.