Enhanced online payment security
To further enhance the security of your online payments, One Time Password (OTP) has been incorporated as a new feature within the existing process of Knet Payment Gateway. This applies only to transactions when you are paying online using your debit/ATM/Knet card, it does not affect your KFH-issued prepaid cards (Al-Khair, Al-Osra, Al-Waha, Nojoom) as well as credit cards (Charge Cards, Tayseer Cards).
Please confirm or update your personal information (Mobile Number) to avoid any inconveniences while shopping online at KFH online service or at the nearest branch or call “ALLO BAITAK” 1803333 for assistance.
1- What is 2 Factor Authentication (2FA)?
- Two Factor Authentication, also known as 2FA is an extra layer of security by having the card owner receive a dynamic One Time Password (OTP) on their registered mobile number as an additional check when processing an online payment transaction through the payment gateway Kpay.
2- What is One Time Password (OTP)?
- A One Time Password (OTP) is a dynamically generated 6 digit password sent to your registered mobile to complete a payment transaction online through the payment gateway Kpay.
3- How do I use 2FA?
By follow these steps:
When finalizing your payment online via the payment gateway "Kpay", you should receive an SMS with a 6 digit OTP code; Simply input the 6 digit cade into the OTP field within the payment gateway.
4- Should my number be registered with my bank?
- Yes, It’s essential to confirm or update your personal details, specifically your mobile number, for authentication purposes and avoid any inconveniences when processing an online payment through the KNET payment gateway.
5- I have more than one mobile number, do I need to verify or register all of them?
- You only need to register one primary number that you wish to receive the OTP on.
6- How to verify or register my contacts info / mobile number?
- There are 3 options to check:
- Visit the nearest branch.
- Call "Allo Baitak" 1803333.
7- Do I have to use 2FA on all my online transactions?
- You are required in most cases to use 2FA for transactions equal to or above 25KD. However, some merchants do require you to authenticate on transactions lower than the 25kd limit. This process applies only on debit / ATM / KNET cards. Not on prepaid, charge, credit.
8- I received my OTP Verification, & i didn't use it within 4 minutes, What will happen ?
- You will be notified that the countdown time is over, and you need to request another OTP Verification number (New Payment).
9- I entered my OTP verification and it failed?
- You have up to 3 tries to enter your OTP, whereby each try is 4 minutes long. Should all 3 tries fails, you would need to initiate a new payment transaction again.
10- The payment gateway prompted me to “register your mobile Number with your issuer bank”?
- That means that your mobile number is not registered with your bank. You will need to verify it using the above (step 4). In order to register your mobile, etc…..
11- How long does it take to update my mobile number & be able to receive (OTP)?